Re: mouse-face on mode-line and header-line

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: mouse-face on mode-line and header-line
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 20:26:14 +0900 (JST)

> > I've implemented mouse-face on mode-line.
>
> No objection to install this patch?

I've installed my patch.
In addition, I've defined a key binding:

    (defvar mode-line-major-mode-keymap
      (let ((map (make-sparse-keymap)))
        (define-key map [mode-line down-mouse-1] 'mouse-major-mode-menu)

This may be useful for users who hide the menu-bar in their .emacs.

Should I add next sentences to etc/NEWS?

 *** Mouse-face on mode-line(and header-line) is now supported.
 `mode-line-highlight' is the standard face indicating mouse sensitive
 elements on mode-line(and header-line) like `highlight' face on text
 areas.

Masatake YAMATO