Re: Should overlays evaporate by default? Conclusion: No!

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Should overlays evaporate by default? Conclusion: No!
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 07:52:40 -0400

    I did start to patch files exposed by my limited testing (see below),
    but there were many, and I found I was setting 'evaporate to nil, not t.
    Given that, and given that magically disappearing is in general
    surprising default behaviour, then it would be better to retain the
    current overlay defaults.

Ok.  Thanks for testing this.

Did you find any cases where the code ought to put on t as the
evaporate property?  Your patches include one, in gnus-cite.  Were
there others?