Re: Bootstrap fails on w32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bootstrap fails on w32
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 20:10:23 +0200

About a week ago, I said:

> Having files in CVS *with* CRLF end-lines
> and marked as text, not binary, is kinda... evil (not Darth
> Vader-style evil, but evil nonetheless).

Perhaps it is Vader-style evil, after all. Today I've had the "intense
pleasure" of spending about three hours trying to understand why was I
able to do a MinGW build on one computer and GNU make ab-so-lu-te-ly
refused to work on another, identically set-up machine... till it
finally dawned on my that I had forgotten the "cvs update -kb"
incantation on nt/ (I don't usually read nt/INSTALL because I'm quite
familiar with its contents).

Great. Just great.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u