Re: configure-more.zip

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: configure-more.zip
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 18:14:46 +0200

> Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 09:38:11 +0200
> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
> CC: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>,  address@hidden
>
> Running a bat file with unix style line ends:
>
> - cmd.exe: Windows 2k: ok, XP: ok, NT: ok
> - command.com: Window 2k: ok, others: ??

The only shell I know of that chokes on Unix-style EOLs in batch files
is command.com from Windows 9x and older (i.e. MS-DOS).  I never
tested any of the older shells with several CRs before the LF, so I
don't know what would happen.

> As I previously have said I suggested testing at the end of
> configure.bat should be a good solution. All that is needed is a small C
> program. Maybe this testing also should be repeated in the Makefile
> though to take care of redownloads.

I still don't understand what is wrong with testing _only_ during the
build.  What am I missing?