Re: theming

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: theming
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 10:27:59 -0400

>> Those customization variables can have a default value that lets them
>> cause different behavior only when under the Aquamacs theme.
>>
>> So I don't see this as a principal problem once themes work properly.

> Yes, but what about re-definitions of existing functions?
> Defadvice them and put a conditional in the defadvice?

Don't defadvice.  Instead, change the original code.  Of course that means
coming up with a clean customization and convincing us that we should
adopt it.

> However, as long as the (IMHO sensible) patches that Seiji Zenitani and
> I have provided (which only pertain to the OS X version) don't find their
> way into the core or get formally rejected with reasons given,

I'm also surprised that there haven't been any response either way to these
patches.  They seem to provide desirable features, although I can't judge
the code.

        Stefan