Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server - getting paper size

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server - getting paper size
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:59:36 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:

I personally find it quite disturbing that the policies do not allow
for fetching for example paper size from within Emacs.

Nonsense.  If they are implemented as a general feature that would,
for example, consult LC_PAPER on Posix-compliant systems, there is
nothing speaking about doing this.
Are you suggesting that this can be done on w32? Can you then give me some pointers?

Are you also saying that if it can not be done this way on w32 then we should not do it at all?