Re: Patch: Follow convention for reading with the minibuffer.

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Patch: Follow convention for reading with the minibuffer.
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:11:53 +0200

On 24 Sep 2005 18:09:52 -0400, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:

> am i missing something?

No, you're not. This discussion already took place about one or two
years ago, and the fact is, there's no written policy, for Emacs or in
the GNU coding guidelines, which says that tabs must be preferred over
spaces. At least, there *wasn't*, and I don't think one has been
written since.

Many people prefer using tabs (for reasons *way* beyond my
understanding), but that's only their preference, and nothing else. In
fact, at least 8-10% lines in lisp/*.el with the first non-blank
character on column 8+ do really start with spaces (or did, the last
time I checked).

Let's not start a war for this. Let's use each of us what we prefer,
and not go back to edit other people's commits to suit them to our
tastes. Please.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u