Re: address@hidden: Emacs very slow opening file]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Emacs very slow opening file]
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:31:04 -0400

    So, I would conclude, that there is no bug at all.  Emacs can't
    possibly know, that the "Local Variables:" block isn't meant to be
    interpreted in the diff file. =20

Hmm.  It still feels like a bug to me, and I want to find a way to fix
it.

One idea is to restrict what strings can be used as the "prefix"
in a local variables list, so that local variables lists in diff output
are not obeyed.

Meanwhile, I think it is also a bug that Font-Lock in C mode parses
most of the file, even when given data that isn't really C.