Re: address@hidden: Emacs very slow opening file]

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Emacs very slow opening file]
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:58:53 +0200

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:39:40AM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >     So, I would conclude, that there is no bug at all.  Emacs can't
> >     possibly know, that the "Local Variables:" block isn't meant to be
> >     interpreted in the diff file. =20
> >
> > Hmm.  It still feels like a bug to me, and I want to find a way to fix
> > it.
>
> When Emacs is running diff itself, it could start the output off with
> an appropriate -*- type string overriding a possible local variables
> block.

I like that idea.  To make it work the behavior of emacs would have to
be changed so that a -*- line takes precedence over following local
variables lists, which isn't the case at the moment.

cheers
sascha
--
"Anyone who slaps a 'this page is best viewed with Browser X' label on a Web
page appears to be yearning for the bad old days, before the Web, when you had