Re: File modes facilities.

From: Michael Cadilhac
Subject: Re: File modes facilities.
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 00:44:42 +0200

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:

>  > >>   I don't know any  way to change the modes of a  file, or even of the
>  > >>   current file, within emacs.
>  > >
>  > > C-h f set-file-modes RET
>  >
>  >   I meant in an user-friendly way, that's to say, without M-:, and
>  >   without calculating the mode.
>
> In Dired, type M (`dired-do-chmod')?

  First, it  uses dired,  and I don't  want to  launch a dired  of the
  current directory to modify current-file modes.

  Second, it uses the chmod(1) executable, which, beside the fact that
  another program is called, is not compatible with systems that don't
  have  that kind  of binary  installed (like  if one  just downloaded
  a compiled version of emacs for Windows on http://www.crasseux.com)

  Nop ?

--
    Michael Cadilhac, a.k.a. Micha [mika] |
                    Epita/LRDE promo 2007 |  Please note that you should