Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:04:36 +1000

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> But, it seems that the current po.el doesn't do that but expects
> that it is called only on PO file.

Yes, that's so.  That's why I tightened it up with a looking-at to
demand a msgid "" + msgstr "", then the "Content-Type" in that header
block.  It's always possible a non-po file could start that way, but
it should be unlikely.

> especially when we can fix the problem by the other method (as in my
> previous mail).

I think jka-compr is also affected, try visiting a compressed
vi.po.gz.