Re: Translated from Japanese - how should the header look?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Translated from Japanese - how should the header look?
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 18:34:45 +0200

Reiner Steib wrote:

On Wed, Oct 26 2005, Lennart Borgman wrote:

;;; cmd-mode.el --- Editing of MS Windows cmd and bat files ;; -*- Mode:
   Emacs-Lisp ; coding: sjis-dos -*-

I think there's no need for the mode part.

Bye, Reiner.
I do not understand this at all but with the mode part the Japanese characters shows up as just squares on my pc. Without the mode part it is shown as for example \202B etc.

I got the orignial file with the mode part so I guess it should be there. I can not see the Japanese characters, but it still looks better with the mode part.

I simply would be glad for some more explanation and a suggestion on how to do ;-)