Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:02:27 +0200

>>> Instead of disabling some menu items one by one, wouldn't it be
>>> better to disable all menu items if the frame attached to the menu
>>> is not visible.  Operating on non-visible frames from the visible
>>> menu is not only confusing, but might be dangerous.
>>
>> Err, what menu is shown when there is no visible frame?
>
> In GTK builds it is possible to detach the toolbar, menu or submenu
> from the frame.  After iconifying the frame, the floating menu is
> still shown.

I want to clarify: when the frame is minimized in GTK, all its detached
menus are minimized as well, but not the tool bar.  The floating tool bar
is still shown when its frame is not visible.  I don't know is it
possible to keep detached menus visible with the iconified frame with
some configuration, but the detached tool bar with the hidden frame is
what I can see in the GTK Emacs build.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/