Re: GTK file selector

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: GTK file selector
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 03:26:11 +0100

   Incremental compilation.

For proper incremental compilation you need compiler support.  make
style based compilation isn't really incremental, since you always
need to relink the whole program and keep the original object files
around (mixing object files from different compilers is also a bad
idea due to ABI changes and what not), and I suspect that eclispe uses
this, as does Emacs when one uses compilation-mode and GNU Make.

The only system I know of that had proper incremental compilation were
the Lisp Machines.