Re: Document option tool-bar-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Document option tool-bar-mode
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:22:51 -0600 (CST)

Bill Wohler wrote:

   > `customizing' is ambiguous.  It does not consistently refer to the
   > Customize interface, but is often used in a more general sense.

   Perhaps we should not do that. "Customizing the option foo" is much
   cleaner than "saving the variable foo through the Customize interface."

You can customize various things in your .emacs, including keybindings.
This would be irrelevant if `(setq tool-bar-mode nil)' worked too, but
since it does not, it is good to emphasize that you must set the
variable _through the Customize interface_.

Sincerely,

Luc.