Re: Document option tool-bar-mode

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Document option tool-bar-mode
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 21:52:15 -0600 (CST)

Bill Wohler wrote:

   We can then define "customize the option foo" to mean "use the
   Customize interface to set and save option foo." Similarly for
   "customize the face foo." An advanced user will be happy to
   interpret these phrases as he wishes.  Furthermore, we define
   "customizable" to refer to an option or face that can be modified
   through the Customize interface.

`customize' is a general English word, not some technical term.  Let
me repeat for emphasis: there is no problem _unless_ customizing the
variable _only_ takes effect when set through Custom.  In such a
situation, it is good to be emphatic and unambiguous.

Sincerely,

Luc.