Re: Carbon Emacs - large bolded fonts get truncated

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Carbon Emacs - large bolded fonts get truncated
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:48:07 +0100

On 10 Mar 2006 23:33:04 -0800, Randal L. Schwartz <address@hidden> wrote:

> So, Emacs will have to adapt to whatever really works on 10.4, given that
> 10.4 will not adapt to Emacs.

I don't think it is Mac-specific. I reported a few weeks ago that I
see the same think with bold fonts on a Windows XP Home Edition, and
it's not confined to "large" bold fonts, it happens with normal-sized
bold fonts: the right end of bold strings (and not from individual
characters, unless they're alone) is truncated a few pixels. There are
other factors at play, though, because I don't see the problem on a
Windows XP Professional using the exact same fonts.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u