Re: Carbon Emacs - large bolded fonts get truncated

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Carbon Emacs - large bolded fonts get truncated
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:37:02 +0900 (JST)

>>>>> On 10 Mar 2006 23:33:04 -0800, address@hidden (Randal L. Schwartz) said:

YAMAMOTO> This is a non-default setting.  In such a case, please
YAMAMOTO> describe your font setting in your bug report so others can
YAMAMOTO> reproduce your situation as closely as possible.

> Sorry.  I could have posted my .emacs if asked.  Wasn't sure how
> much or little of it was significant.

The "Understanding Bug Reporting" node in Emacs info would be good to
read if you've never done so.  A concrete procedure to reproduce the
problem is really really helpful.

> So, Emacs will have to adapt to whatever really works on 10.4, given
> that 10.4 will not adapt to Emacs.

The situation is not so bad, actually.  The only example of the
problem you've reported is "Bitstream Vera Sans" as far as I know, and
it is not an OS-bundled font.  And ATSUI (a replacement of QuickDraw
Text) support is in progress although it is still experimental.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden