Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 18:28:18 +0900

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
> The minibuffer does not have a mode line.  And if we want to avoid
> confusion, putting the indicator somewhere far away from the
> minibuffer would not help.  I think the minibuffer prompt a better
> place.  And using the same "recursive" indicator as recursive edits do
> in the mode line is sensible as well in my book.

I don't think it's trivial to modify the prompt like that though -- in
most cases, the minibuffer prompt is just a part of the minbuffer, and
blindly modifying it may screw other things up.

Given that the default is to disable recursive minibuffer use entirely,
and the people who intentionally enable such usage tend to be more
knowledgeable users (and thus less likely to be confused by recursive
minibuffers), it seems that such an indicator would be of somewhat
limited applicability.

-Miles
--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train