Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Display feature request: gud-overlay-arrow
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:59:12 +1200

 > That's because the code which puts the breakpoint bitmap in the
 > left fringe explicitly specifies the face (breakpoint-enabled
 > or breakpoint-disabled) for the bitmap:

OK

 > > Can it be made to work for standard bitmaps? e.g to make the overlay arrow
 > > (right-triangle) white (as Miles described).
 >
 > Did you try it?

Well I thought I did but perhaps I had re-defined right-triangle or something
at the time.

 > However, if you really want to do this, you should define a new
 > white-overlay-arrow bitmap and give it a white face -- then, when you
 > know overlay is above a breakpoint bitmap, you could explicitly map
 > overlay-arrow to white-overlay-arrow in fringe-indicator-alist.

It seems to work better than a black arrow provided the fringes are a bit
darker (grey85 or less).  Could we make this change or are people too attached
to the status quo? (grey85 is lighter than mode-line but darker than
mode-line-inactive).