Re: locate-with-filter

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: locate-with-filter
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:02:28 -0500

      After the changes you made to
    help-follow, binding `help-follow' to anything else but RET does not
    work anymore.

Why is that?

               (if (display-mouse-p) "\\[help-follow-mouse] or ")
    !      "RET on a face name to customize it\n"
               "or on its sample text for a description of the face.\n\n")))

I don't want to document a bug.

      ;; The doc string is meant to explain what buttons do.
    ! (defun help-follow (&optional pos)
    !   "Follow cross-reference at POS, defaulting to point.

      For the cross-reference format, see `help-make-xrefs'."
    !   (interactive "d")
    !   (unless pos
    !     (setq pos (point)))
    !   (unless (push-button pos)
    !     (error "No cross-reference here")))

This looks like it is putting back the old code that I replaced.  If
so, that would bring back the bug I fixed.  I do not want to do that.
It would be the wrong fix.

If this is different from the old code, would you please tell me the
difference?