Re: locate-with-filter

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: locate-with-filter
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 21:50:26 -0600 (CST)

Nick Roberts wrote:

    > You can always do `C-h v' or `C-h f" to get the docs of something that
    > the author did not intend as a link.

   Yes I could but its not quite as convenient.

One alternative I proposed in another message was to rename the old
help-follow to help-follow-symbol, change the docstring to reflect the
actual behavior, and bind it to `C-c C-c'.  Anybody who prefers the
old behavior can then easily rebind help-follow-symbol to RET.  The
feature is only helpful to advanced users anyway who know how to bind
keys.  But the current RET and mouse-2 bindings are just _way_ too
confusing.  They "feel" like a bug, even though they were implemented
intentionally.

Sincerely,

Luc.