Re: overflow pure space

From: Evil Boris
Subject: Re: overflow pure space
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 07:40:47 -0400

For what it's worth, I have been using the following recipe (taken
from INSTALL.CVS, is it still valid advice?) for updating Emacs.  After
     cvs update
I do:

% gmake
% cd lisp
% gmake recompile EMACS=../src/emacs
% cd ..
% gmake

I have noticed that the amount of pure storage needed in the initial
call to gmake is different from the one needed after recompile.
(sparc-sun-solaris2.7, X toolkit).  Is this to be expected?

Specifically, the last build I tried (Jul 4) required 1210824 pure
bytes in second iteration and 1208688 in the first (so the latest
increase does not suffice).

Cheers,
        --Boris