Re: Using quail input methods to translate buffer text.

From: Peter Heslin
Subject: Re: Using quail input methods to translate buffer text.
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:40:05 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> It still doesn't work for chinese-py.  For instance, typing
> "bei2" should input "北", but quail-conv doesn't handle the
> last "2" correctly.

Ah, thanks.  I think I've fixed this bug, but I'm not sure my fix is
correct.  I have assumed that each compound character sequence may be
followed by at most a single digit, and that this digit is used to
access the relevant vector like so: "1" gets the 0th element, "2" gets
the 1st ..., "9" gets the 8th, and "0" gets the 9th.  Does that sound
right?

PY.el says: "(each group contains at most 10 characters)", which I take
to mean that the index number following each group is never more than a
single digit.  Are there other input methods where this is not true?

Revised code attached.

--
Peter Heslin (http://www.dur.ac.uk/p.j.heslin)