RE: Tiny change to find-tag-default.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Tiny change to find-tag-default.
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:15:32 -0700

    >     Suppose I'm looking at a text, and want to grep for a phrase
    >     (e.g. just two words) in that text, I highlight the text
    >     to search for
    >     (set mark, go to end of text) and do M-x lgrep. ...
    >     I don't think it makes sense to do this w/o transient-mark-mode,
    >     but that's why we have temporary transient-mark-mode marking.
    >
    > That behavior sounds good to me. What about doing the same for
    > `grep' and the other similar commands?

    If the change is made to find-tag-default, the change will apply to grep
    and find-grep too.

Oh, I didn't see that; sorry. It didn't look like `grep' used it.

    > OTOH, if done in `find-tag-default', this would also affect
    > things like function-called-at-point and variable-at-point.
    > I don't know if that would be a good feature or not.

    At least it still gives predictable behavior (and in most cases
    it doesn't matter,
    as the find-tag-default is only used as a last resort fallback).

Right.