Re: Visiting files with gnuclient don't add to history

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Visiting files with gnuclient don't add to history
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:29:50 +0200

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 11:12:04 -0400
Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

#> We don't maintain gnuclient, but it is possible that this is due to a
#> bug in Emacs.

That was the reason why I have written on emacs-devel -- since it used
to work some time ago, it is either an old bug in gnuserv which was
uncovered by some change in emacs, a bug in emacs or a change which was
not backwards compatible.

I do not know which one is it -- but maybe there is someone for whom the
description rings a bell?

#> If you debug what's going on, you can determine whether an Emacs bug
#> is involved.

I might try, but I do not think I have time to do it, certainly not
right now, and I am not familiar with the code involved. Also, since
things I working fine with Lennart's fix to gnuserv.el, it may not be
worth the trouble.

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?'
Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.