Re: address@hidden: url-http.el breaks Emacs/W3]

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: url-http.el breaks Emacs/W3]
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:04:59 -0700

Thanks for tracking this down!

The problem is that w3 is moribund -- has no maintainer, so even
if I fix the problem locally in myinstall of emacs, it still
breaks for all users of emacspeak -- who I suspect ar epretty
much th only users of W3.

So while w3 waits for a maintainer, or while emacspeak users wait
for a browsing solution that works, could we work around the
problem in url-http.el?

    Andreas> Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
    >> Would someone please deal with this, then ack?
    Andreas>
    Andreas> It was broken by this change:
    Andreas>
    Andreas> 2005-07-15 Richard M. Stallman <address@hidden>
    Andreas>
    Andreas>    * url-http.el (url-http-parse-headers): Add
    Andreas> :redirect arg-pair when calling url-retrieve, to
    Andreas> indicate a redirect.
    Andreas>
    Andreas>    * url.el (url-retrieve): The callback function
    Andreas> can get an additional keyword arg pair.
    Andreas>
    Andreas> w3-fetch-callback does not know how to deal with
    Andreas> that.
    Andreas>
    Andreas> Andreas.
    Andreas>
    Andreas> -- Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, address@hidden SuSE
    Andreas> Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409
    Andreas> Nürnberg, Germany PGP key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7
    Andreas> 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5 "And now for
    Andreas> something completely different."

 Thanks,
 --Raman

--