Re: address@hidden: url-http.el breaks Emacs/W3]

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: url-http.el breaks Emacs/W3]
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:57:50 -0400

    It was broken by this change:

    2005-07-15  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>

            * url-http.el (url-http-parse-headers): Add :redirect arg-pair
            when calling url-retrieve, to indicate a redirect.

            * url.el (url-retrieve): The callback function can get an additional
            keyword arg pair.

    w3-fetch-callback does not know how to deal with that.

The change I installed fixes a bug.  ISTR that my fix was the only
natural one that I saw.  It may be that someone will find another good
way to fix this which is 100% compatible.

Otherwise, I think w3 needs to be changed to handle this convention.