Re: man page not found

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: man page not found
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 16:59:39 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> !       ;; The last line doesn't belong to any section.
>> !       (forward-line -1))))
>
> Are we 100% sure that the last line never belongs to any section?
> Could we put at least some sanity check there.  E.g. it seems this
> footer we want to skip always starts at column 0

It is not, many X11/Xm functions end with the name of the function
flushed to the right, for example.

In fact, the `.TH' command (which AFAIK is mandatory) only forces
something at the very right of the footer. I don't think its a good
thing to add an heuristic on that.

AFAIK, there's always a footer, so I'm 100% sure that the last line
never belongs to any section ; however, it's just IMHO.

--
 |   Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac       |  Isn't vi that text editor with        |
 |   http://michael.cadilhac.name   |   two modes... One that beeps and      |