Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:53:08 -0700

> If people want to raise an issue with me without pressuring me, then I
> will discuss it rationally.

I think my recent posts have met this criterion.  Basically, I
proposed always having an open trunk (or some place where new changes
can be checked in).  We'd use branches:

   a) To isolate release lines from trunk churn.
   b) To isolate trunk from large, unstable batches of new code until
      that code is ready.

Such a system can be started at any point, and would allow pent-up
development energy to be put to constructive use.  I've seen it work
very well on other projects.

Thanks,
-Karl