Re: Reordering etc/NEWS

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Reordering etc/NEWS
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 18:09:07 +0200

On 5/11/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

It is a good indicator of support in the core areas.

I'd say it is a good indicator of *committed* support. While it's true
that there aren't many core areas of Emacs with a clearly determined
maintainer, most of them are not neglected either.

image.c, for example, which I would consider a core area, was not even
listed on MAINTAINERS. However, Kim Storm and others have invested a
considerable amount of time on it. The MacOS port is assigned (so to
speak) to Steven Tamm, but Yamamoto Mitsuharu has done huge amounts of
work. Etc, etc.

            Juanma