Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 14:56:25 -0400

    I think the problems I described were due to the fact that dos-w32.el
    doesn't expect to be loaded twice.  For example, this line:

      (modify-coding-system-alist 'file "" 'find-buffer-file-type-coding-system)

    if executed the second time, would add
    find-buffer-file-type-coding-system to the alist _twice_, right?

Could someone fix those problems in the trunk, just for cleanliness'
sake and to avoid future red herrings?

Please install the patch for Emacs 22, conditionalized only for
Windows just for caution's sake.  The only other thing we need for the
release is the PROBLEMS entry that was suggested yesterday.