Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: EOL conversion of files in .tar archives
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 20:02:47 -0400

    > I cannot tell whether you are talking about a real problem,
    > or just something that isn't elegant.

    We were talking about how to fix this on the trunk.  The fix I checked
    in on the trunk was a slightly less safe version of the one committed
    to the branch.  Handa-san suggested a different, more general way to
    fix this on the trunk, and we've been discussing his suggestion.

Ok, thanks.

Please make sure that you install some sort of fix for this in the
trunk, one way or another.