Re: contribution of ruby-mode.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: contribution of ruby-mode.el
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:27:50 -0400

To make this program understandable and maintainable, please give
every defconst and every defun a doc string that explains what jobs
they do.  Large functions such as ruby-calculate-indent need a comment
to explain every group of lines.  Maintaining Emacs is hard already,
and if we don't want to make it harder, we need to ensure that new
files are really clear.

It would also be good to add comments at the top of the file
decribing the features that the mode provides.

    (cond
     ((featurep 'font-lock)
      (or (boundp 'font-lock-variable-name-face)
          (setq font-lock-variable-name-face font-lock-type-face))

      (setq ruby-font-lock-syntactic-keywords

Please delete that cond, and put all the contents at top level.