Re: Post-22.1 development?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Post-22.1 development?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:11:38 +0900

Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <address@hidden> writes:
> It seems that it would be useful to provide very soon accessor functions
> or macros for performing all environment-related operations that allow
> for the desired genericity in implementation choice.

It seems a bit hard to be sufficiently generic to accomodate _all_ the
discussed possiblities without a rather awkward interface, mostly
because of the question of what happens when you let-bind
process-environment.

Given that the current interface (without multi-tty) is actually quite
convenient and elegant, I'd rather prefer we aim at preserving it even
with multi-tty.

-Miles

--
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.  -- Steven Wright