Re: Compiling emacs 22 on ubuntu 7.0.4

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Compiling emacs 22 on ubuntu 7.0.4
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 08:14:31 +0200

Glenn Morris skrev:
Jan Djärv wrote:

I changed configure so it exits with an error if any image library
isn't found, and --with-xxx=no was not given. I only chnaged the
trunk, not the emacs 22 branch.

To complete this hand-holding for people who don't bother to read
configure's final summary, it should presumably also do the same thing
for an x-toolkit (else the image libraries won't be much use).

Well, it could be OSX.

I suggest that it would be slightly more friendly to check for all the
"required" features first, and only then abort with an error if any
are missing and not disabled, rather than aborting after the first
missing one. Otherwise it might be necessary to run configure multiple
times before it completes (disabling more things every time). I
realize this takes more work in configure.in though.

Not that hard, I can change to that.

        Jan D.