Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:24:47 -0700 (PDT)

>> How about a `find-library-other-window' command?

Inline reply to Drew:

Is M-x find-lib TAB - RET really that much faster than C-x 5 2 M-x
find-lib RET?  (The difference being "TAB -" in place of "C-x 5 2", of
course.)

> Sure.  Although I'm wondering: are there many users you use both find-file
> and find-file-other-window, as well as other <foo> vs
> <foo>-other-window commands?

I find that I use C-x 4 b all the time (and C-x b too, of course); C-x 4 f
a little less often.  But I always work with windows and not frames, and
tend to set them up and leave them alone (saving window configurations or
just killing them off when done with them).

Davis

shipping.