Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:17:33 +0300

>     How about a `find-library-other-window' command?
>
> Sure.  Would you like to send a patch and change log entry?
> Please include a patch for etc/NEWS.

I think polluting the namespace is not a good thing.  There are too many
commands that display a new buffer, and don't have the duplicate name with
the `-other-window' suffix, and adding more redundant commands will increase
the mess.

I don't suggest removing `-other-window' from the existing basic commands,
but suggest not to add it to minor commands like `find-library' .

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/