Re: firewalls blocking CVS

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: firewalls blocking CVS
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:33:44 +0530

Hi,
I went through the complete document and suggested methods (tor did
not work either). For port 443 approach, the catch is here.

-- Part of the document from the link you had sent ----
Note: we implemented that method, without warranty, for project member
SSH access only - not anonymous access. Anonymous access is available
via pserver which ought to be available to you, just like HTTP.
-- Part of the document from the link you had sent ----

The have enabled 443 as an alternative to 22. Port 22 is used only by
project members with commit access. It does not really help people
like me (involved in the emacs project but not part of the core).