Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: firewalls blocking CVS

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: firewalls blocking CVS
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:34:27 -0400

    In my current work
    place, we use CVS internally. Maybe, that is the reason for preventing
    the that port for external access. From what little I know, a version
    control system is another form of easy means to deposit data
    (versioned). May be, there exists a paranoid feaar that someone may
    start depositing versioned copies of compay source code! Not sure
    though.

Please try asking your sysadmins and tell us what they say.
We need to know!