Re: emacs 22.1 hogging CPU

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs 22.1 hogging CPU
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:17:09 -0400

    > Maybe the feature could involve an alist whose elements look like
    > (FILE VARIABLE REGEXP ERROR).  It could be initialized to
    >
    > (("semantic.el" semantic-version "2.0pre3"
    >   "Version %s of %s won't run in Emacs 22"))

    IMHO, since this data keeps changing (often or not), this should be
    separated from the general Emacs distribution.

There must be a misunderstanding.  The idea of this feature is to warn
people about old versions of other programs that Emacs version M.N
won't work with.  (We can assume that new versions of those programs
will be fixed to work with the latest Emacs.)  So this list is fixed
for any given Emacs version.  The idea is to release it in Emacs.