RE: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: merge emacs-pretest-bug and emacs-devel
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:46:26 -0700

> This has come up before at least once...
> Given the way the pretest-bug list is being used, there is little
> point having it. Indeed, it often causes extra work, with discussions
> split on two lists.
>
> When making emacs-pretest-bug an alias for emacs-devel was proposed in
> March those who replied were in favour, but it never happened:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-03/msg00344.html
>   From:     Richard Stallman
>   Subject:  Emacs pretest bug reports
>   Date:     Tue, 06 Mar 2007 17:36:33 -0500

Not everyone who replied was in favor.  I, for one, am not.

I would prefer to separate most bug discussions from the rest of emacs-devel
discussion. If there were a merge to be made, I would prefer that it be
emacs-pretest with bug-gnu-emacs - but perhaps that could lead to confusion.

I might be a minority of one on this, however. You are right that most
people in the previous discussion were in favor of merging emacs-pretest
with emacs-devel.