Re: merging etc

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: merging etc
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 03:19:16 +0300

>> Richard also said he wants the multi-tty changelogs "crunched" before
>> merging -- i.e., essentially replacing many historical entries for a
>> given function/variable by a single entry for it with all the changes
>> (or in the case of a new function/variable, all entries for it except
>> "New function/variable" can be dropped entirely).  I'm not sure how
>> this is supposed to work for multiple authors changing the same
>> function.... (one changelog entry per author?).
>
>> That seems like a daunting task given the size of the logs though...
>
> I actually would rather keep the whole uncrunched text.  I know it can be
> found on the branch, but if we insist on putting more than just "merge from
> branch", then we may as well keep it all.

And maybe after adding ChangeLog entries from multy-tty to the trunk's
ChangeLog to change all dates (without crunching changelog entries) to the
date of sync with the trunk.  This will look as all multy-tty changes were
made on the same day and won't break the chronology in ChangeLog.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/