Re: merging etc

From: joakim
Subject: Re: merging etc
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:03:08 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2007-08-24 09:01 +0100, address@hidden wrote:
>> I am motivated to get the mtty functionality into emacs core, even if
>> I wouldn't do the merging this way myself. (I hope the mtty history
>> wont be lost this way, that would really not be very good)
>
> Many people would be grateful for your effort ;)
>
> Maybe this merging difficulty can be avoided in future. I see one option
> for Emacs -- GIT¹.

The way I'm used to working, there wouldnt be much of a "changelog" at
all, that information would be extracted from a SCM.

But I think even CVS would be able to create changelogs directly from
the commits the way Emacs maintainers wants it, so I dont see what
switching to git would change in this regard. Its more of a cultural
issue. (git would of course bring us many other benefits)

--
Joakim Verona