Re: .emacs-settings.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: .emacs-settings.el
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:54:18 +0900

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
> Emacs doesn't do that AFAIK, so it would be
> at least a little surprising to current users.  I personally think it
> would be a bad design decision.

It should be a user decision.  Just as you might not like "hidden"
files, I do not like random crap cluttering my directory listings.

Thus Emacs should probably look for both ".foo.el" and "asdfasdf.el".

(we have to be much more careful with the non-hidden name though,
because it has a much higher chance of conflicting with the directory
content)

-Miles

--
"I distrust a research person who is always obviously busy on a task."
   --Robert Frosch, VP, GM Research