Re: .emacs-settings.el

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: .emacs-settings.el
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:05:00 +0900

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:
> I think Emacs should not default to getting default settings from a
> hidden file in the path, personally, but it should be possible via
> customization to choose that behavior.

No, it should do so by default, because if we add such a feature, many
projects will start to use such "hidden settings files", and expect that
Emacs users of that project will see the resulting effects.  Of course
it should be possible to disable it if you don't like that.

-Miles

--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]