Re: .emacs-settings.el

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: .emacs-settings.el
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 22:14:00 -0400

    FWIW -- I purposely did not choose the name "dirvars", to avoid
    confusion with the existing dirvars.el and dir-locals.el packages.

We could call it .dir-settings.el instead.

Here's what matters to me:

* Make it a dotfile.
* End the name with `.el'.
* Don't use `emacs' in the name.

How about if you choose something that fits those points.

    Since you're deciding stuff, would you mind weighing in on the other
    proposals in this thread?  From memory this includes messaging the
    user when the settings are used,

I see no need.

                                     modifying the C-h v output to mention
    project settings,

Good, if someone wants to do it.

                      and letting the user interactively agree to risky
    settings.

Ok as long as it isn't inconvenient.