Re: emacs.git mirror status

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: emacs.git mirror status
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:40:07 +0200

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Well, if I use something like
>>
>> git-gui --blame src/xterm.c
>>
>> in the trunk, it is still Miles who indiscriminately gets all the
>> blame for multi-tty.
>
> Ok, the problem is that I didn't match the log message from the big
> multi-tty merge last May.  I'll see what I can do, I'll probably have to
> recreate the whole tree.

Well, it would minimally probably mean that one takes a look at "merge
change from branch" commit messages and then merge the changes with a
strategy of "ours":

        ours
           This resolves any number of heads, but the result of the
           merge is always the current branch head. It is meant to
           be used to supersede old development history of side
           branches.

Something like that.

--
David Kastrup