Re: emacs.git mirror status

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: emacs.git mirror status
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:21:24 -0400

    > People spoke of the "multi-tty branch".  I presumed that meant a
    > branch in our CVS repository.  Is that not so?

    Yes.  The multi-tty branch started life at Karoly's arch repo 3œ years
    ago, was earlier this year imported into Miles's arch repo, who checked
    the result of the merge into CVS as a single commit.

In other words, the history before that commit into CVS
is not in CVS -- is that the issue?

How about putting that history into the ChangeLog files?