RE: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?

From: Davis Herring
Subject: RE: can't set both mode-line color and default frame font?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 14:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

> I'm not necessarily arguing against such a rule, but your supporting
> reason
> for it is...?

It belongs to no one but me, but my supporting reason is that Emacs is
much more intelligent than other configuration systems.  If need be, one
can base a color scheme on a traveling salesman solution for your
preferred colors and the system defaults, or whatever else.  True, Custom
can't make this easy for you (perhaps, for common cases like "different on
different hostnames", the idea of composable custom files could be made to
work), but .Xdefaults can't do it at all.

Davis

shipping.